Futures Society Institute is starting the Project “Capacity building of regional cultural institutions of municipalities in the field of service modernization, creative innovation implementation and space actualization”.
The Project runs from 9th of September, 2015 to 30th of April, 2016.
The Project received assistance under the 2009-2014 Norwegian Financial Mechanism Programme LT10 “Capacity-Building and Institutional Cooperation between Beneficiary State and Norwegian Public Institutions, Local and Regional Authorities”.
Partners: Lithuanian Innovation Centre and Callosum Education (Norway).
Main goal of the Project is to foster innovation and application of modern technologies in regional budgetary cultural institutions of Lithuania by transferring good practice from Norwegian institutions. By cooperating with innovation experts from Norway, during a project an innovative training programme for museums, libraries and cultural centres that is adapted to the Lithuanian context will be created. The programme will be implemented in 10 districts of Lithuania. It will consist of several parts (preliminary topics):
• Creative laboratories that educate participants about creative innovation, transfer good practice of Norway in visual and audio manner and develop a case study of a cultural organisation’s actualization and modernization conception.
• Seminars about EU Structural Funds and specific funding opportunities.
• Theoretic and practical seminar about fundraising: innovative philanthropy
The target group of this project is a regional network of municipal public cultural institutions: cultural centres, public libraries and museums. It is planned to train 150 employees in ten districts.
Project funding sources:
- Assistance funds are 96 352,40 Eur;
- Own funds of the applicant and partners are 17 003,36 Eur;
- Total value of the project – 113 355,76 Eur.
The project is co-financed by Norway Grants 2009-2014 and the Republic of Lithuania, the project is implemented by NGO Future Society Institute.